4.11.2010

WE DID IT! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Well, we finally did it! Skyler and I BOTH received our Bachelor's Degree! It was such a long semester, very tough with both of us going full time and having to get sitters for Maddux, but now that it is done it was worth it. I feel so blessed to have great friends and wonderful family that helped us this semester. Skyler's degree is in Business Management and Marketing with a cluster(1/2 minor)in web design/development. Mine is a University Studies degree(which means my general studies courses became my major) with a minor in Home and Family Studies and a cluster in Humanities and a cluster in Art History. I had hoped to be able to receive a degree in art, however the program is VERY demanding and after having Maddux I didn't think I could dedicate the time needed for me to succeed as apposed to just getting by. (Example of the art department mentality: I was taking a graphic design class when I found out I was pregnant and that class ALONE kept me up most nights until 4am. If I did what the teacher asked, then I would receive a "C" in the class. So when he asked for 60 thumbnail sketches of logo ideas, I should come with at least 100 if I hoped for an "A"). Although the degree is not what I planned to get when I first came up here all those many years ago(2003-ouch!), I stuck with my schooling and can now put a B.S. on my resume. (Sounds kind of funny...sometimes I think that is what all of it was: BS!)
I am just happy that I can now be a full time Mommy! I felt so bad the many, many times I had to lock myself away from my family to study for a test or work on a project. My poor little boy would cry outside the door! Not anymore! Maybe now I will have a more consistently clean house! ...Well I can hope can't I?
My parents and Paige came, along with Skyler's Dad, brother Spencer and his wife Kaitlin. They were wonderful to sit through both ceremonies! It was great to have them here to celebrate this with us. And Skyler and I actually got to walk together. They let couples pick which department to walk with, so we chose mine because it was fewer people! Here are a few pictures from the excitement!



6 comments:

Beau & Shannon said...

congratulations to both of you! That must feel so good to accomplish that. So whats the plan now, does skyler have any jobs lined up? do you know where you will be living?

Schoenstars said...

YAAAAAAAYY!!!!!! I'm so so so happy for you guys! Doesn't it feel absolutely amazing?!??! Love you to death!!!!

Rachael and Clay Anderson said...

Congratz! You will love staying home with Maddux!

Jessica said...

Congrats you guys! You both looked so happy!

Anonymous said...

where was I? Oh yeah...on the other side of the camera! I'm sooo proud of y'all! Love , grandma Lisa

Unknown said...

Great job I like your blog,you are so talent.Vendant les Chaussures Pas cher, notre objectif est d’établir un réseau complet fournissant des sports chaussures pas chères. Nous avons établi une bonne relation coopérative à long terme avec des sources de fabricants et avec des agents des sport chaussure, de plus, toutes les marchandises ont la garantie de qualité et de crédibilité, donc vous êtes rassuré de les acheter et les utiliser, nous n’épargnerons aucun effort pour vous donner notre services parfaits.