5.17.2009

NO PICTURES; THE ER

So yesterday I felt like the worst mommy because I put Maddux in his crib, not knowing that he now can pull himself up by the railing. So I'm getting ready and I hear a thud and screaming. Poor boy was on the floor! So I guess I just wasn't thinking, because he's fallen off the couch before, so I didn't take him in and just ran around and did all the stuff I had to do. So after our date night we noticed Maddux had a bump on his head. He had been real fussy all day, not eating much and throwing up, so we decided to take him to the ER to make sure he was okay. He ended up getting a CAT scan and we found out he had a concussion. So the nurse told us to keep him off solids for a bid and give him clear liquids. She told us that coke actually was best for his tummy. So we watered it down and at church today he had the best tasting bottle! He LOVED it too. A boy after my own heart! So...after a crazy day and night, he's been so much better today. We lowered the crib last night, so now it looks like we have a two year old, not a seven month old. The ER nurse was so impressed, and sad for us, with how strong he is. She kept telling me how I wouldn't have a baby for long with him pulling stunts like this. She says he's trying to grow up too fast. I completely agree. He's trying to climb and get into EVERYTHING! He did pee ALL over himself today while I was changing his diaper. I mean, so much that on the changing table in the women's bathroom his head was basically in a puddle of urine. Gross, I know. So Skyler, since I am now the second councilor in the primary presidency and had to stay, took him home to clean him of his foul smell! ;)

4 comments:

Natasha said...

wow that's crazy... poor little guy. I've never heard of a nurse prescribing coke before ... that's hilarious! Sounds like you have your hands full with that kid!

Schoenstars said...

poor boy!!!! i'm so glad he's feeling better! that's so sad! but don't feel too bad. i left lolli in her bumbo once, not knowing that she could wiggle out of it. i had set her on top of the ottoman and she had fallen out of it onto the floor. i think it happens to the best of us!!! but i'm glad he's well!!! give him kisses for me!!!

Kendra Crooks said...

How sad!!! poor little guy. so primary presidency...fun! we need to hang out soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't even want to begin to list the ways I neglected y'all & all the trips I've made to the ER! Maddux MUST be related to us!
Love Grandma Lisa