12.16.2008

SHOTS

Maddux got his immunization shots today. That was loads of fun. He actually didn't do too bad. He just screamed like he was yelling at us that it hurt, then he stopped. I didn't even have to try and stop the crying. Unlike the other night. Good ol' dad was playing airplane with Max and he didn't like that much. He hated it so much that he cried for an hour. I think Skyler doesn't think his fear of falling is a joke anymore since the baby got so mad at him.
Last night it was so cute. I put him in his bassinet, which he is finally starting to really sleep in. It was his bouncy chair for a while, but he seems to be liking to lay down to sleep now and not having to HAVE the vibrations just to stay asleep. Anyway, he is SLOWLY learning to how to keep his binki in his mouth, but at a point last night he didn't want it in anymore, so he reached over and took it out of his mouth and just held it in his hand as he fell asleep. He's growing up! Now if only I could get him to consistently suck his two fingers. Then he could calm himself!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

we haven't started Boston's immunizations yet... we are waiting until he's 6 months. I'm so nervous. I was surprised to learn that some of the side effects don't even show up for two weeks or more. We are just going to do one shot at a time ... I think it's crazy how many they want you to do at once.

Unknown said...

I agree with natasha! I just wrote a whole blog post about that actually like a week ago. Im really just extra nervous about it because i had side effects from the Hep B, so i feel like Dax is at a high risk of having side effects.

I cant believe he can take his binki out of his mouth by himself!! What a big boy!! Daxons only a week and 1/2 behind... maybe he will do it soon too!! Exciting!
Daxon is also FINALLY just now starting to sleep in his crib. Its been his swing this whole time.

Maddux is too cute! Wish i could have had time to come see him while you guys were in town!

Natasha said...

No it's not required because we're on WIC and medicaid too but I'm glad it went well. Of course you always have the option ... you're the mom!

Anonymous said...

You're doing just fine as a loving mommy. Keep up the good work. And put some wet slobbery kisses on that boy for me!
Love, grandma Lisa